United Community Action Partnership
Weatherization Assistance Program
Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs
Provides services to income-qualified homeowners and renters to reduce energy bills by making homes more energy efficient while protecting the health and safety of household members
Local Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) providers will do an energy audit to determine if weatherization is needed and will create a plan for the most cost-effective energy efficient improvements for your home.
Services may include:
- Addition of attic or wall insulation
- Reduction of air leakage
- Replacement or repair of furnaces, boilers, and water heaters
- Education on how you can reduce energy usage in your home
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
Households at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines, based on past three months of income, are eligible. Households receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) within the last 12 months are also eligible.
Priority is given to households with:
- Elderly or disabled family members
- Children under 19 years of age
- High energy consumption
Please note that the wait time for assistance, after eligibility has been determined, varies between local WAP providers.
- Income limits
- Available to both homeowners and renters
- Provides a one-time grant to the home
Complete one of the following applications:
Applications can also be picked up from your local service provider, or Minnesota residents can obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Mail the completed application to your local provider.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: How to apply
There is no fee.
164 E 2nd St, Redwood Falls, MN, 56283
Redwood County (social security disability programs also serve Cottonwood County)
- Primary Contact for this program: 800-992-1710
- Main: 507-637-2187
- Olivia Office 1635 W Lincoln Ave, Olivia, MN, 56277
- Marshall Corporate Office 1400 S Saratoga St, Marshall, MN, 56258
- Cosmos Office 101 Vesta Ave E, Cosmos, MN, 56228
- Willmar Office 200 4th St SW, Willmar, MN, 56201
- Hutchinson Office 218 Main St S, Hutchinson, MN, 55350
- Litchfield Office and Threads of Hope 120 N Sibley Ave, Litchfield, MN, 55355
- Jackson Office 115 South Hwy, Jackson, MN, 56143
Other Services at this Location
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
- Financial Management Education Classes, workshops and information about money management
- Foreclosure Prevention Assistance Program Access to community resources and financial assistance; debt management and repayment programs; financial counseling
- Help Paying for Basic Needs Short term help for basic needs like food, shelter and transportation
- Home Repair Financial Assistance - Rehabilitation Loan Program Loans to eligible homeowners to increase the accessibility of their house or make needed fixes
- Transportation - Dial-a-Ride Program that provides rides for people in the community