Community Resource Hub navigators are available in some areas to help families connect to local resources
If you need help paying your energy or water bills – visit www.mn.gov/energyassistance
American Indian Families
Resources and supports for American Indian children and families living on and off Tribal Nation lands.
- Indian Health Services (IHS) and Tribal Clinics
- Inpatient and outpatient healthcare facilities that support American Indian children and families living on and off Tribal Nation lands.
- Tribal Schools and Programs
- Local school programming serving American Indian children and families living on and off Tribal Nation lands. Services may also be available through local school districts and charter schools.
- Tribal Early Head Start/Head Start
- Services and programming that support child development, parenting skills, transition to public school kindergarten, and self-sufficiency for American Indian children ages birth through 5, pregnant women, and families living on and off Tribal Nation lands.
- Tribal Early Childhood Mental Health Services
- Clinics and other behavioral health settings that support families with young children living on and off Tribal Nation lands.
- American Indian Caregiver Supports
- Family Home Visiting
- Family home visiting (FHV) is a voluntary program for families who are pregnant or who have very young children. Trained home visitors meet individually with families in their community to provide social, emotional, health-related, and parenting support and information, and to link them to other helpful resources. Some examples of services a family may receive are prenatal care and referrals, help creating a safe and healthy environment, and referrals to early childhood programs in the community. Programs listed here are specifically-focused supports for American Indian children and family members living on and off Tribal Nation lands.
- PACER American Indian Parent Network
- Provides workshops and individual assistance on special education, mental health services, and other topics for parents and family members living on and off Tribal Nation lands, as well as professionals who support them. Includes information from the Bureau of Indian Affairs and Tribal and charter schools.
- Child and Teen Checkups Tribe and County Contacts (search by tribe or county)
- Child and Teen Checkups Coordinators can help with medical or dental appointments or transportation to appointments. Search on the website by Tribe or county for connections to Tribal services for families living on and off Tribal Nation lands.
- Tribal Health and Human Services
- Tribal health and human services for children and families living on and off Tribal Nation lands.
- Minnesota Tribal Resources for Early Childhood Care (MNTRECC)
- Provides resources, technical assistance, and outreach to Tribal and Amerian Indian early childhood programs in Minnesota. MNTRECC bridges connections and educates state child care systems about Tribal and Indigenous early childhood programs, strengths, challenges, and services provided.