Public programs and resources that help with food, housing, and transportation
- Financial Assistance
- Apply for county programs, including Diversionary Work Program (DWP), Minnesota Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP), Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), Emergency General Assistance (EGA), Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA) and Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA).
- Bridge to Benefits
- Bridge to Benefits is a project by Children's Defense Fund-Minnesota to improve the well-being of families and individuals by linking them to public work support programs and tax credits. Visit their website to see if you or someone else may be eligible for public work support programs. No identifying information is collected.
- Community Action Agencies
- Community Action Agencies provide local, state, federal and private resources to help individuals and families who have low incomes such as energy assistance, food, housing, job training, and transportation.
- Energy Assistance and Weatherization
- WIC (Prenatal to age 5)
- Healthy eating and breastfeeding support program for women, infants and children. Benefits include nutrition information, vouchers for healthy food, and referrals to other services in the community.
- County Programs for Food Support
- Apply for county programs, including Minnesota Food Assistance Program (MFAP), Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), SNAP Food Support, and WIC.
- Food Shelves
- Free food support
- Affordable Housing Options
- Subsidized housing, HRA Housing Choice Vouchers, Privately Owned Affordable Housing
- Family Homeless and Prevention Assistance Program
- Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or about to become homeless
- Help to Find Housing
- Assistance with locating a place to live
- Transitional Housing Programs
- Housing and supportive services to individuals and families who are homeless or in need of safe housing.
- Emergency, domestic violence and youth shelters
- Job Training and Career Development
Healthy Development and Screening
Developmental and Behavior Concerns
Disability Services and Resources
Early Learning and Child Care
Family Well-Being and Mental Health
Tribal and American Indian Families
Caregiving and Community Support
Peacetime Emergency Resources