Disability Services and Resources
Community supports and services for children with disabilities and their families
- Apply for Waiver Programs
- Learn how to apply for Waiver programs that help people live in their community. Waivers provide additional services beyond those offered under Medical Assistance (MA) or Medical Assistance for Employed Persons with Disabilities (MA-EPD).
- County Programs for People with Disabilities
- Apply for county programs, including Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS), MA for Employed Persons with Disabilities (MP-EPD), and Medical Assistance - TEFRA Option for Children with Disabilities.
- Disability Benefits 101
- Tools and information on health coverage, benefits and employment.
- Disability Hub MN
- Free statewide resource network that helps solve problems, navigate the system and plan for the future.
- Hearing Loss
- Supportive resources for children experiencing hearing loss and their families, including early identification, hearing aids, and other audiology-related services
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- To search for medical equipment and supplies, visit the www.minnesotahelp.info website to access listings of various medical items, such as nebulizers, oxygen equipment, and wheelchairs.
- Early Intensive Developmental and Behavioral Intervention (EIDBI) Medical Benefits
- This benefit provides treatment for people under the age of 21 with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related conditions. Treatment is based on proven methods, and the values, culture and preferences of the person and family. Participants must be enrolled in Medical Assistance (MA) or MinnesotaCare.
- This resource database contains information on the community services individuals and communities need to sustain and improve their daily lives--health care and childcare, job training, education and recreation, retirement, disability and social service information. This directory contains information on nonprofit and public health and human service programs and some for-profit programs such as housing.
- Parent Advocacy
- Family Voices Minnesota
- Family-run organization that provides peer-to-peer support to families of children and youth with special health needs. Family Voices of Minnesota works closely with families to connect to local and state level resources, help navigate the systems of care surrounding children and youth with special health needs, and provides peer-to-peer support from parents of children and youth with special health needs.
- Family support organization that enhances the quality of life and expands opportunities for children, youth, and young adults with all disabilities and their families so each person can reach their highest potential. PACER operates on the principles of parents helping parents, supporting families, promoting a safe environment for all children, and working in collaboration with others.
- Organization that provides information and assistance to support people of all ages with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families statewide.
- Parent Organizations
- Get connected with resources, information and other parents going through similar experiences.
- Vision Loss
- Supportive services for children with vision concerns and their families
Healthy Development and Screening
Developmental and Behavior Concerns
Disability Services and Resources
Early Learning and Child Care
Family Well-Being and Mental Health
Tribal and American Indian Families
Caregiving and Community Support
Peacetime Emergency Resources