Community Resource Hub navigators are available in some areas to help families connect to local resources
Help Me Connect celebrates young children and early learners – view the Early Learning and Child Care resources.
Disability Services and Resources
Community supports and services for children with disabilities and their families
- Disability Hub MN
- Free statewide resource network that helps solve problems, navigate the system and plan for the future. Envision your child’s best life, then make a plan to get there. Whether you’re facing an immediate need or looking years ahead, Hub experts can help you make connections and take steps to move ahead.
- Apply for Waiver Programs
- Learn how to apply for Waiver programs that help people live in their community. Waivers provide additional services beyond those offered under Medical Assistance (MA) or Medical Assistance for Employed Persons with Disabilities (MA-EPD).
- County Programs for People with Disabilities
- Apply for county programs, including Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS), MA for Employed Persons with Disabilities (MP-EPD), and Medical Assistance - TEFRA Option for Children with Disabilities.
- Early Intensive Developmental and Behavioral Intervention (EIDBI) Medical Benefits
- This benefit provides therapy to children, youth and young adults under the age of 21 with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related conditions. Therapy is based on proven methods, and the values, culture and preferences of the person and family. Participants may be enrolled in Medical Assistance (MA), MinnesotaCare, Minnesota Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act (MA-TEFRA) or other qualifying health care programs. To find an EIDBI provider or make a referral to EIDBI services, click on the online tool. For more information on EIDBI and other autism services and supports, visit the MN Autism Resource Portal website.
- MN Autism Resource Portal
- The Minnesota Autism Resource Portal has information on screening, identification and accessing services and supports for autism spectrum disorder (ASD). The website also includes information on early intervention, education, childcare, employment, housing, case management and home and community based waiver services. You will also find information on upcoming training and events related to ASD services in Minnesota.
- Hearing Loss Services and Supports
- Supportive resources for children experiencing hearing loss and their families, including early identification, hearing aids, and other audiology-related services
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- To search for medical equipment and supplies, visit the www.minnesotahelp.info website to access listings of various medical items, such as nebulizers, oxygen equipment, and wheelchairs.
- This resource database contains information on the community services individuals and communities need to sustain and improve their daily lives--health care and childcare, job training, education and recreation, retirement, disability and social service information. This directory contains information on nonprofit and public health and human service programs and some for-profit programs such as housing.
- Parent Advocacy
- Family Voices Minnesota
- Family-run organization that provides peer-to-peer support to families of children and youth with special health needs. Family Voices of Minnesota works closely with families to connect to local and state level resources, help navigate the systems of care surrounding children and youth with special health needs, and provides peer-to-peer support from parents of children and youth with special health needs.
- Family support organization that enhances the quality of life and expands opportunities for children, youth, and young adults with all disabilities and their families so each person can reach their highest potential. PACER operates on the principles of parents helping parents, supporting families, promoting a safe environment for all children, and working in collaboration with others.
- Organization that provides information and assistance to support people of all ages with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families statewide.
- Parent Support and Organizations
- Get connected with resources, information and other parents going through similar experiences.
- Vision Loss
- Supportive services for children with vision concerns and their families