United Community Action Partnership
Help Paying for Basic Needs
Short term help for basic needs like food, shelter and transportation
Offers cash or other short term aid to people in a crisis that is affecting their access to basic needs
Emergency assistance can vary based upon eligibility and available funds.
- Past-due rent or mortgage
- First month's rent and deposit
Assistance is dependent of the individual's situation and their eligibility
Other services may include:
- Application assistance
- Transportation assistance
- Help search for affordable housing
- Connect to job resources
- Long term stable housing planning
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
For homeless or those at risk of homelessness (i.e. eviction notice, inappropriately doubled up with friends or families, or leaving domestic abuse).
Applicants screened for eligibility. Help also depends on available funding.
101 Vesta Ave E, Cosmos, MN, 56228
Kandiyohi, McLeod, Meeker, and Renville counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 320-235-0850
- Hutchinson Office 904 Hwy 15 S, Hutchinson, MN, 55350
- Litchfield Office and Threads of Hope 120 N Sibley Ave, Litchfield, MN, 55355
- Olivia Office 1635 W Lincoln Ave, Olivia, MN, 56277
- Willmar Office 200 4th St SW, Willmar, MN, 56201
- Redwood Falls Office 164 E 2nd St, Redwood Falls, MN, 56283
- Marshall Corporate Office 1400 S Saratoga St, Marshall, MN, 56258
- Jackson Office 115 South Hwy, Jackson, MN, 56143
- Worthington Office 1039 Oxford St, Worthington, MN, 56187
Other Services at this Location
- Financial Management Education Classes, workshops and information about money management
- Head Start Program that supports children's growth from ages 3 - 5 through services that support early learning and development, health, and family well-being.
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs