Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County
Energy Assistance Program
Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
Energy Assistance Program (EAP) services may include:
- Help paying energy bills
- Help paying water/wastewater bills
- Help with utility disconnections or getting fuel delivered
- Information on efficient and safe use of energy
- Helping you work with your energy suppliers and human service providers
- Repairing or replacing a broken furnace or heating system, if you own your home
The Energy Related Repair Program provides emergency repair or replacement of broken/non-functioning heating systems like a furnace for Energy Assistance clients.
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
Eligibility is based on three most recent months of income. See the application form for income limits based on household size. Funds are available for renters and homeowners.
Complete one of the following applications:
Applications can also be picked up from your local service provider, or Minnesota residents can obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Mail the completed application to your local provider.
There is no fee.
8800 Highway 7, Ste 403, St. Louis Park, MN, 55426
- Primary Contact for this program: 952-930-3541
- Main: 952-933-9639
8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
- Minneapolis Urban League 2100 Plymouth Ave N, Minneapolis, MN, 55411
- Sabathani Community Center 310 E 38th St, Minneapolis, MN, 55409
- EAP Office at Lutheran Social Services 2400 Park Ave, Minneapolis, MN, 55404
Other Services at this Location
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Financial Management Education Classes, workshops and information about money management
- Low-Cost Auto Repair Low cost car repair services
- Transitional Housing Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families
- Utility Assistance Help to pay for utility services for people in need