Learn more about how your child is developing through one of Minnesota's programs that support families who have children birth to 7 years of age. Programs offer a variety of services that include developmental screening, parent support, fun activities to support a child’s development, and connections to other helpful services.
Winona County Department of Human Services
County Programs for Food Support
Apply for county programs that help pay for food
County programs that help pay for food include:
- Minnesota Food Assistance Program (MFAP)- Helps pay for food for lawful noncitizens ages 50 and older who do not qualify for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) - Helps families in poverty with children through a cash grant, food assistance and employment services
- SNAP - Food Support - Helps people with low income buy food
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) - Nutrition program for eligible low income pregnant women, new mothers, babies and young children to eat well, learn about nutrition, and stay healthy
- People with low income
Check specific program guidelines for requirements.
202 W 3rd St, Winona, MN, 55987
- Primary Contact for this program: 507-457-6500
- Toll Free: 844-317-8960
Other Services at this Location
- Apply for Waiver Programs Accepts applications for Medical Assistance/Medicaid waiver programs
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing The local county office that oversees licenses for child foster care. Foster care is a temporary safe family home for children who have been placed by a court order or a voluntary placement agreement.
- Child Support Services (CSS) The Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Support Division and county child support agencies work with both parents to establish and enforce child support court orders.
- County Programs for Families Apply for county programs that provide financial assistance and supportive resources to families
- County Programs for Income Assistance Apply for county programs that help pay for basic needs
- County Programs for People with Disabilities Apply for county programs that serve people with disabilities
- Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP) A voluntary, early intervention service that focuses on helping expecting and parenting at-risk families thrive.