White Earth Nation
Regional Navigator for Sexually Exploited Youth
This agency connects trafficked or sexually-exploited youth with supportive services. The youth are viewed as victims and survivors, not criminals.
Regional navigators are part of the Minnesota Safe Harbor program which views youth who engage in prostitution as victims and survivors, not criminals. Navigators are the main point of contact for sexually-exploited youth and concerned agencies, and are responsible for connecting youth with supportive services and housing. The participants in Safe Harbor programs are treated with dignity and respect and the program recognizes their right to make their own choices.
Navigators also serve as regional experts on sexually-exploited youth. All members of the community are encouraged to contact the navigator when working with a young person who may be sexually exploited. Navigators can refer professionals to trainings about sexual exploitation of youth and the supportive programs that are available. Safe Harbor Regional Navigators follow the No Wrong Door approach, providing a single entry point to a wide variety of services.
Down On Violence Everyday (DOVE) Program treats Minnesota youth who are sexually exploited as victims and survivors, not criminals, and is responsible for connecting youth with supportive services, shelter and housing.
- 24/7 crisis line
- Crisis intervention and counseling
- Safe housing, legal, medical, personal and systems advocacy
- Assistance with filing orders for protection, harassment orders and state reparations forms
- Information and referral
- Shelter for women and children
- Community Education and outreach
- Transportation for medical and legal appointments related to crime
Area Served by County
- Becker County
- Clearwater County
- Mahnomen County
- Native American Community
Age 24 and younger
Call your Tribal Navigator (218) 983-4656 or the Day One Crisis Line at (866) 223-1111 for assistance.
PO Box 418, White Earth, MN, 56591
White Earth Nation reservation
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-850-2011
Other Services at this Location
- Crisis Line Immediate support and advice for people in distress
- Domestic Violence Shelter Temporary emergency shelter for people who have experienced domestic abuse
- Domestic Violence Support Services - DOVE Support program focusing on domestic abuse of individuals by their spouses or partners
- Information and Services for Tribal Child Care Provides culturally-based child care and development support
- Tribal Health and Human Services Health and human services administered by tribal governments.