White Earth Nation
Information and Services for Tribal Child Care
Provides culturally-based child care and development support
Offers child care information and services to families and professionals
- Information and referral about education, child care, and health services for young children and their families
- Resources about child development, culture, and activities for children of different ages
- Early childhood community initiatives
- Parent Mentor Program - In home visits for parenting help, fun educational and family events, screenings, free training and health and safety items, and more for families with children 0 - 12 who live in the home
Area Served by County
- Becker County
- Clearwater County
- Mahnomen County
- Assistance with community resources
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- Native American Community
- People with low income
Different programs have different requirements. Family programs generally serve families on the White Earth Reservation, and White Earth member families.
Most services to families from this center are free.
Provider services may have fees. There are training scholarships available.
PO Box 418, White Earth, MN, 56591
White Earth Nation reservation
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-983-3285 x1405
- Family Child Care and Learning Center Call for Location
- Mahnomen Child Care and Learning Center 2254 College Rd, Mahnomen, MN, 56557
Other Services at this Location
- Crisis Line Immediate support and advice for people in distress
- Domestic Violence Shelter Temporary emergency shelter for people who have experienced domestic abuse
- Domestic Violence Support Services - DOVE Support program focusing on domestic abuse of individuals by their spouses or partners
- Regional Navigator for Sexually Exploited Youth This agency connects trafficked or sexually-exploited youth with supportive services. The youth are viewed as victims and survivors, not criminals.
- Tribal Health and Human Services Health and human services administered by tribal governments.