Minnesota’s Energy Assistance Program helps renters and homeowners keep homes heated, lights on and more. For more information visit: www.mn.gov/home.
Western Prairie Human Services
County Programs for Income Assistance
Apply for county programs that help pay for basic needs
Programs that help pay for basic needs include:
- Emergency General Assistance (EGA): Help to resolve a one-time crisis that immediately threatens a basic health or safety need (such as food, shelter or utilities)
- General Assistance (GA): Cash assistance to help cover basic needs for people without children who can't work enough to support themselves, and whose income and resources are very low
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP): Helps families with children meet their basic needs, while helping parents move to financial stability through work
- Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA): Money to help pay for basic needs of people who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA): Provides money to newly arrived refugees who are making the transition to life in the United States and are not eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
Area Served by County
- Pope County
- People with low income
Check specific program guidelines for requirements.
211 Minnesota Ave E, Ste 200, Glenwood, MN, 56334
- Primary Contact for this program: 320-634-7755
- Toll Free: 800-291-2827
- Elbow Lake Office 15 Central Ave N, Elbow Lake, MN, 56531
Other Services at this Location
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing The local county office that oversees licenses for child foster care. Foster care is a temporary safe family home for children who have been placed by a court order or a voluntary placement agreement.
- Child Support Services (CSS) The Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Support Division and county child support agencies work with both parents to establish and enforce child support court orders.
- County Programs for Families Apply for county programs that provide financial assistance and supportive resources to families
- County Programs for Food Support Apply for county programs that help pay for food
- County Programs for People with Disabilities Apply for county programs that serve people with disabilities
- Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP) A voluntary, early intervention service that focuses on helping expecting and parenting at-risk families thrive.