Minnesota’s Energy Assistance Program helps renters and homeowners keep homes heated, lights on and more. For more information visit: www.mn.gov/home.
Western Prairie Human Services
County Programs for Food Support
Apply for county programs that help pay for food
County programs that help pay for food include:
- Minnesota Food Assistance Program (MFAP): Provides food assistance to legal noncitizens ages 50 and older who do not qualify for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP): Helps families meet their basic needs, while helping parents move to financial stability through work
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): Helps those with low income get the food they need for nutritious and well-balanced meals
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC): Nutrition program for eligible pregnant women, new mothers, babies and young children to eat well, learn about nutrition, and stay healthy
Area Served by County
- Pope County
- People with low income
Check specific program guidelines for requirements.
211 Minnesota Ave E, Ste 200, Glenwood, MN, 56334
- Primary Contact for this program: 320-634-7755
- Toll Free: 800-291-2827
- Elbow Lake Office 15 Central Ave N, Elbow Lake, MN, 56531
Other Services at this Location
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing The local county office that oversees licenses for child foster care. Foster care is a temporary safe family home for children who have been placed by a court order or a voluntary placement agreement.
- Child Support Services (CSS) The Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Support Division and county child support agencies work with both parents to establish and enforce child support court orders.
- County Programs for Families Apply for county programs that provide financial assistance and supportive resources to families
- County Programs for Income Assistance Apply for county programs that help pay for basic needs
- County Programs for People with Disabilities Apply for county programs that serve people with disabilities
- Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP) A voluntary, early intervention service that focuses on helping expecting and parenting at-risk families thrive.