Western Mental Health Center, Inc.
Early Childhood Mental Health Services
Mental health services for young children and their families
Mental health services that can support healthy parenting when either the caregiver or the child is affected by emotional or behavioral concerns. For caregivers, this may be a history of postpartum depression, trauma, anxiety, other mental illness, or substance use. For young children, this may be challenging behaviors, trouble with eating or sleeping, tantrums, or other emotional or behavioral problems.
These services are especially important for young children or parents/caregivers who have experienced trauma, such as abuse, neglect, violence, or other stressful or scary events in life.
About This Location
Services are provided by professionals that are trained and supported by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) in evidence-based (proven) ways of assessing and treating early childhood and family mental health concerns. Professionals have specialty training to address trauma, emotional or behavioral concerns of babies, toddlers, and young children.
Children age birth - five years of age and their caregivers, with a focus on uninsured and underinsured families
Services can be billed through insurance and through the early childhood mental health grant
2001 Maple Ave, Slayton, MN, 56172
- Primary Contact for this program: 800-658-2429
- Main: 507-836-6053
- Marshall Administrative and Clinical Offices 1212 E College Dr, Marshall, MN, 56258
- Ivanhoe Office 336 E George St, Ivanhoe, MN, 56142
- Western Mental Health Center Chemical Dependency Program 101 Caring Way, Redwood Falls, MN, 56283
- Canby Office 112 Saint Olaf Ave S, Canby, MN, 56220
- Granite Falls Office 818 Prentice St, Granite Falls, MN, 56241
Other Services at this Location
- Adult Mental Health Crisis Response Services Immediate help for people having urgent problems with depression, panic, anxiety, delusions, or other mood or behavior disorders
- Children's Mental Health Crisis Response Services (CRS) Professional help 24/7 for children or youth experiencing a mental health crisis to help the child be safe, stay in their home, and get connected to support