St. Paul Regional Water Services

Help Paying for Basic Needs

Short term help for basic needs like food, shelter and transportation


Offers cash or other short term aid to people in a crisis that is affecting their access to basic needs

Emergency assistance can vary based upon eligibility and available funds.

Additional Information

Works with customers to avoid termination of water service

Customers having difficulty paying their water bill should call Customer Service at (651) 266-6350 and ask about options for payment of their bill.

The WaterWorks program can help area residents whose water has been shut off due to not being able to pay a bill, or who are in danger of water shut-off. The program is a voluntary contribution program through which qualified households can get help of up to $300 (when funds are available).


  • Area Served by County
    • Ramsey County
  • Specialization
    • People with low income


To be eligible for assistance, families must:

  • Be in financial crisis
  • Qualify under low-income guidelines established by the Minnesota Department of Commerce
  • Have had their water service terminated or be in danger of termination


1900 Rice St, St. Paul, MN, 55113

Area Served

Ramsey County

Phone Numbers

  • Primary Contact for this program: 651-266-6350



Last Update