Minnesota DeafBlind Project
Vision Loss Services
Provides direct support services to blind or deaf-blind people to help them live as independently as possible
Blind or visually impaired support services involve direct support to people who are blind, deaf-blind, or those with low vision. Program focuses on teaching Independent Living Skills (ILS) to people with a visual impairment.
Serves families, education teams and service providers of children and youth who have combined hearing and vision loss, with or without additional disabilities, from birth - age 21.
Project staff are available for on-site visits to homes or schools to provide technical assistance as needed. This may include consultation with parents, teachers, related staff members, and school administrators.
Help may include:
- Personalized on-site consultation
- In service training workshops
- Program development
- Family support services
- Get connected with other families
- Assistance with community resources
- Free / no cost to everyone
- Blind or visually impaired
- Children and/or youth with disabilities
- Deaf or hard-of-hearing
- Developmental disabilities
Children from birth - age 21 who have (or are suspected of having) disabilities that affect both vision and hearing of any degree
Services may be requested by families of children and youth who are DeafBlind, school personnel, and agencies providing services to children and youth who are DeafBlind.
2 Pine Tree Dr, Ste 101, Arden Hills, MN, 55112
- Primary Contact for this program: 612-638-1531
- Toll Free: 800-848-4905
Other Services at this Location
- Hearing Loss Services Evaluations and other audiology-related services for people with hearing loss
- Information and Support Helps people find resources and connect to services