Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe
Energy Assistance Program
Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
Energy Assistance Program (EAP) services may include:
- Help paying energy bills
- Help paying water/wastewater bills
- Help with utility disconnections or getting fuel delivered
- Information on efficient and safe use of energy
- Helping you work with your energy suppliers and human service providers
- Repairing or replacing a broken furnace or heating system, if you own your home
All information provided is confidential. The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) helps pay home heating costs. Households with the lowest incomes and highest energy costs receive the greatest benefit.
- Size of grant is based on household size, income, fuel type and energy usage
- Households with the lowest income and highest fuel costs receive the highest grants
- Federally funded through U.S. Department of Human Services
- Funds are available for renters or homeowners
- They provide direct payment to the energy supplier
- Educate consumers to use home heating energy efficiently and safely
- Advocate with energy suppliers and human service providers on behalf of consumers
- Crisis help for utility disconnections or necessary fuel deliveries
- Emergency heating system repair or replacement
- Native American Community
Eligibility is based on three most recent months of income. See the application form for income limits based on household size. Funds are available for renters and homeowners.
Complete one of the following applications:
Applications can also be picked up from your local service provider, or Minnesota residents can obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Mail the completed application to your local provider.
There is no fee.
115 6th St NW, Ste E, Cass Lake, MN, 56633
Leech Lake Reservation
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-335-3783
- Main: 218-335-8280
- DeBahJiMon Administration: 218-335-8225
- Main - Tribal Economic Development: 218-335-3791
- Toll Free: 866-864-8668
- Toll Free - WIC Information: 866-289-5995
- Tribal Veteran's Services Office: 218-335-3677
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services at this Location
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.