Horizon Public Health
Breastfeeding and Lactation Consultant
Support to families and babies learning how to breastfeed
Consultants can provide breastfeeding support and education for both prenatal and postpartum moms.
Services can include personal assessments, suggestions for troubleshooting common breastfeeding issues, education about equipment, and information and support.
Services are available in your home, on the telephone, or in the office.
Area Served by County
- Douglas County
- Grant County
- Pope County
- Stevens County
- Traverse County
809 Elm St, Ste 1200, Alexandria, MN, 56308
Douglas, Grant, Pope, Stevens and Traverse counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 320-763-6018
- TDD: 800-627-3529
Other Services at this Location
- Apply for Waiver Programs Accepts applications for Medical Assistance/Medicaid waiver programs
- Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC) Coordinators connect individuals to well-child care and screenings for eligible newborns, children and young adults
- Family Home Visiting Expectant parents and parents or caregivers of young children can get in-home support with pregnancy topics, parenting skills and connections to community resources.
- Follow Along Program Program that helps to make sure children are learning and growing appropriately for their age
- Parenting Support Education and support for parents, or soon to be parents
- Public Health Clinic Public health departments offer screenings, health education and wellness services
- WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program A nutrition and breastfeeding program that helps young families eat well and be healthy. Learn about nutrition during pregnancy and feeding your baby and young children; meet breastfeeding goals; and buy healthy food using your WIC card.