Dakota County Community Services Division
Adult Mental Health Crisis Response Services
Immediate help for people having urgent problems with depression, panic, anxiety, delusions, or other mood or behavior disorders
Adult Mental Health Crisis Response Services can help you cope with a current crisis and stay in your home and community. A trained mental health crisis responder assesses the crisis, helps you get through the crisis, and then follows up helping you connect with longer term support and services.
If you need more help to be safe, crisis response can help to set up hospital care or to access a crisis stabilization service.
Every county in the state has an adult mental health crisis telephone number.
Most counties also provide other kinds of crisis help, like:
- Mobile Crisis Response Services: Trained crisis responders will come to your home (or a meeting place that you choose) to help you in a crisis
- Residential Crisis Services: Help in a facility where you can stay for a few days until the crisis is under control
- Crisis Stabilization Services: Help you connect with other support services and gain skills to avoid future crises
- Free / no cost to everyone
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Private health insurance
- 24 hours a day
- Mental health
Any adult in Minnesota who is experiencing a mental health crisis can use the crisis response services. Examples of mental health crises may include feeling suicidal, depression, seeing or hearing things that may not be there, flashbacks, anxiety, panic, or any other mental health crisis.
If you are in danger of hurting yourself or someone else, call 911 right away.
If you are in a different county, the state list of crisis phone numbers is available online.
Crisis Text Line details are also available online.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact the Crisis Line 24/7 for assistance: (952) 891-7171
People with or without insurance can get crisis help.
1 Mendota Rd W, West St. Paul, MN, 55118
- Primary Contact for this program: 952-891-7171
- Main: 651-554-6600
- Alternate: 651-554-5611
- Public Health: 651-554-6100
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Dakota County Western Service Center 14955 Galaxie Ave, Apple Valley, MN, 55124
Other Services at this Location
- Apply for Waiver Programs Accepts applications for Medical Assistance/Medicaid waiver programs
- Children's Mental Health Crisis Response Services (CRS) Professional help 24/7 for children or youth experiencing a mental health crisis to help the child be safe, stay in their home, and get connected to support
- County Programs for Families Apply for county programs that provide financial assistance and supportive resources to families
- County Programs for Food Support Apply for county programs that help pay for food
- County Programs for Income Assistance Apply for county programs that help pay for basic needs
- County Programs for People with Disabilities Apply for county programs that serve people with disabilities
- Family Home Visiting Expectant parents and parents or caregivers of young children can get in-home support with pregnancy topics, parenting skills and connections to community resources.
- Follow Along Program Program that helps to make sure children are learning and growing appropriately for their age
- Housing Stabilization Services (HSS) Medical Assistance benefit to help people with disabilities and seniors find and keep housing
- Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP) A voluntary, early intervention service that focuses on helping expecting and parenting at-risk families thrive.
- Public Health Clinic Public health departments offer screenings, health education and wellness services
- Teen Parent Assistance Helps prepare young parents with classes or other educational programs and support