Community Resource Hub navigators are available in some areas to help families connect to local resources
Help Me Connect celebrates young children and early learners – view the Early Learning and Child Care resources.
Cook County Public Health and Human Services
County Programs for Food Support
Apply for county programs that help pay for food
County programs that help pay for food include:
- Minnesota Food Assistance Program (MFAP)- Helps pay for food for lawful noncitizens ages 50 and older who do not qualify for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) - Helps families in poverty with children through a cash grant, food assistance and employment services
- SNAP - Food Support - Helps people with low income buy food
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) - Nutrition program for eligible low income pregnant women, new mothers, babies and young children to eat well, learn about nutrition, and stay healthy
- People with low income
Check specific program guidelines for requirements.
411 W 2nd St, County Courthouse, Grand Marais, MN, 55604
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-387-3620
- Toll Free: 800-663-6771
8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services at this Location
- Apply for Waiver Programs Accepts applications for Medical Assistance/Medicaid waiver programs
- Child and Teen Checkups Coordinators connect individuals to well-child care and screenings for eligible newborns, children and young adults
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing The local county office that oversees licenses for child foster care. Foster care is a temporary safe family home for children who have been placed by a court order or a voluntary placement agreement.
- Child Support Services (CSS) The Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Support Division and county child support agencies work with both parents to establish and enforce child support court orders.
- County Programs for Families Apply for county programs that provide financial assistance and supportive resources to families
- County Programs for Income Assistance Apply for county programs that help pay for basic needs
- County Programs for People with Disabilities Apply for county programs that serve people with disabilities
- Follow Along Program Program that helps to make sure children are learning and growing appropriately for their age