Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County
Energy Assistance Program
Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
Energy Assistance Program (EAP) services may include:
- Help paying energy bills
- Help paying water/wastewater bills
- Help with utility disconnections or getting fuel delivered
- Information on efficient and safe use of energy
- Helping you work with your energy suppliers and human service providers
- Repairing or replacing a broken furnace or heating system, if you own your home
The Energy Related Repair (ERR) Program provides emergency repair or replacement of broken/non-functioning heating systems like a furnace for Energy Assistance clients.
- Community Action Partnership
- Older adults
- People with low income
Households who are at or below 60 percent of the state median income are eligible.
For example, a family of four earning $65,228 annually, or less may be eligible. Eligibility is based on three most recent months of income.
Funds are available for renters and homeowners.
Contact this provider for an application.
Minnesota residents may also obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710 or by downloading them and mailing them to their local Energy Assistance Program provider.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Application
There is no fee.
2100 Plymouth Ave N, Ste 104, Minneapolis, MN, 55411
- Primary Contact for this program: 952-930-3541
10:00am - 3:00pm, Monday - Thursday
- EAP Office at Lutheran Social Services 2400 Park Ave, Minneapolis, MN, 55404
- Sabathani Community Center 310 E 38th St, Minneapolis, MN, 55409
- Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County 8800 Highway 7, St. Louis Park, MN, 55426