Benton County Human Services
County Programs for Families
Apply for county programs that provide financial assistance and supportive resources to families
County programs for families with children include:
- Diversionary Work Program (DWP) - A four-month program that helps to support Minnesota parents while they find jobs
- Minnesota Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) - Helps families with low incomes pay for child care while they go to work, look for work or attend school
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) - Helps families in poverty with children through a cash grant, food assistance and employment services
- Parent Support Outreach - Voluntary program for at-risk families to help prevent child abuse and neglect
- People with low income
Check specific program guidelines for requirements.
531 Dewey St, Foley, MN, 56329
- Primary Contact for this program: 320-968-5087
- TDD: 320-968-8842
- Toll Free: 800-530-6254
Other Services at this Location
- Apply for Waiver Programs Accepts applications for Medical Assistance/Medicaid waiver programs
- Child and Teen Checkups Coordinators connect individuals to well-child care and screenings for eligible newborns, children and young adults
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing The local county office that oversees licenses for child foster care. Foster care is a temporary safe family home for children who have been placed by a court order or a voluntary placement agreement.
- Child Support Services (CSS) The Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Support Division and county child support agencies work with both parents to establish and enforce child support court orders.
- County Programs for Food Support Apply for county programs that help pay for food
- County Programs for Income Assistance Apply for county programs that help pay for basic needs
- County Programs for People with Disabilities Apply for county programs that serve people with disabilities
- Family Home Visiting Expectant parents and parents or caregivers of young children can get in-home support with pregnancy topics, parenting skills and connections to community resources.
- Follow Along Program Program that helps to make sure children are learning and growing appropriately for their age
- Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP) A voluntary, early intervention service that focuses on helping expecting and parenting at-risk families thrive.
- Public Health Clinic Public health departments offer screenings, health education and wellness services
- WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program A nutrition and breastfeeding program that helps young families eat well and be healthy. Learn about nutrition during pregnancy and feeding your baby and young children; meet breastfeeding goals; and buy healthy food using your WIC card.