Becker County Human Services
County Programs for Families
Apply for county programs that provide financial assistance and supportive resources to families
County programs for families with children include:
- Diversionary Work Program (DWP) - A four-month program that helps to support Minnesota parents while they find jobs
- Minnesota Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) - Helps families with low incomes pay for child care while they go to work, look for work or attend school
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) - Helps families in poverty with children through a cash grant, food assistance and employment services
- Parent Support Outreach - Voluntary program for at-risk families to help prevent child abuse and neglect
- People with low income
Check specific program guidelines for requirements.
712 Minnesota Ave, Detroit Lakes, MN, 56501
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-847-5628
- Toll Free: 866-454-5628
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services at this Location
- Apply for Waiver Programs Accepts applications for Medical Assistance/Medicaid waiver programs
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing The local county office that oversees licenses for child foster care. Foster care is a temporary safe family home for children who have been placed by a court order or a voluntary placement agreement.
- Child Support Services (CSS) The Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Support Division and county child support agencies work with both parents to establish and enforce child support court orders.
- County Programs for Food Support Apply for county programs that help pay for food
- County Programs for Income Assistance Apply for county programs that help pay for basic needs
- County Programs for People with Disabilities Apply for county programs that serve people with disabilities
- Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP) A voluntary, early intervention service that focuses on helping expecting and parenting at-risk families thrive.