United Community Action Partnership
Weatherization Assistance Program
Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs
Provides services to income-qualified homeowners and renters to reduce energy bills by making homes more energy efficient while protecting the health and safety of household members
Local Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) providers will do an energy audit to determine if weatherization is needed and will create a plan for the most cost-effective energy efficient improvements for your home.
Services may include:
- Addition of attic or wall insulation
- Reduction of air leakage
- Replacement or repair of furnaces, boilers, and water heaters
- Education on how you can reduce energy usage in your home
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
Households at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines, based on past three months of income, are eligible. Households receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) within the last 12 months are also eligible.
Priority is given to households with:
- Elderly or disabled family members
- Children under 19 years of age
- High energy consumption
Please note that the wait time for assistance, after eligibility has been determined, varies between local WAP providers.
- Income limits
- Available to both homeowners and renters
- Provides a one-time grant to the home
Complete one of the following applications:
Applications can also be picked up from your local service provider, or Minnesota residents can obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Mail the completed application to your local provider.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: How to apply
There is no fee.
120 N Sibley Ave, Litchfield, MN, 55355
Kandiyohi, McCleod, Meeker and Renville counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 800-992-1710
- Main: 320-693-7911
- Cosmos Office 101 Vesta Ave E, Cosmos, MN, 56228
- Hutchinson Office 904 Hwy 15 S, Hutchinson, MN, 55350
- Willmar Office 200 4th St SW, Willmar, MN, 56201
- Olivia Office 1635 W Lincoln Ave, Olivia, MN, 56277
- Redwood Falls Office 164 E 2nd St, Redwood Falls, MN, 56283
- Marshall Corporate Office 1400 S Saratoga St, Marshall, MN, 56258
- Jackson Office 115 South Hwy, Jackson, MN, 56143
- Worthington Office 1039 Oxford St, Worthington, MN, 56187
- Pipestone Office 811 5th St SE, Pipestone, MN, 56164
- Luverne Office 204 E Brown St, Luverne, MN, 56156
Other Services at this Location
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
- Financial Management Education Classes, workshops and information about money management
- Help Paying for Basic Needs Short term help for basic needs like food, shelter and transportation
- Transitional Housing Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families