Community Resource Hub navigators are available in some areas to help families connect to local resources
Help Me Connect celebrates young children and early learners – view the Early Learning and Child Care resources.
Hennepin County Human Services and Public Health Department
Teen Parent Assistance
Helps prepare young parents with classes or other educational programs and support
Parenting education program that works with parenting and pregnant youth to help them succeed.
Education for teen parents can include classes, workshops or alternative learning settings.
The Resources for Youth program helps young people connect with available services.
Services can help you to:
- Apply for assistance - with applications for health insurance, food assistance, and other state programs
- Get health care - helps you apply for medical assistance, and find health clinics with services aimed at youth
- Earn your diploma or degree - will help you get back into school, earn your General Educational Development (GED), and explore options for college
- Teen parents education and support - find out about county assistance programs, food vouchers, parenting, and child care assistance
- Legal help - connects you with legal advice and advocacy services
- Transitioning out of foster care - can help you plan for living independently, set goals, and find support
- Drop-in centers
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
Varies by program based on income and asset limits
To apply for assistance, call (612) 596-1300 or toll free (844) 803-8466 to apply for assistance.
Pregnant Teens and Teen Parents: Call Hennepin Health Families at (612) 596-7537 or email email@example.com or Public Health Nursing at (612) 617-4600.
41 N 12th St, Minneapolis, MN, 55403
City of Minneapolis
- Primary Contact for this program: 612-252-1200
- Central-Northeast Minneapolis Human Service Center 525 Portland Ave, Minneapolis, MN, 55415
- North Minneapolis Human Service Center 1001 Plymouth Ave N, Minneapolis, MN, 55411
- West Broadway 1250 W Broadway Ave, Minneapolis, MN, 55411
- Hennepin County Health and Human Services 300 S 6th St, Minneapolis, MN, 55487
- Northwest Family Human Service Center 7051 Brooklyn Blvd, Brooklyn Center, MN, 55429
- South Suburban Human Service Center 9600 Aldrich Ave S, Bloomington, MN, 55420
Other Services at this Location
- Clinic Medical office that provides non-emergency care