Bois Forte Band of Chippewa
Energy Assistance Program
Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
Energy Assistance Program (EAP) services may include:
- Help paying energy bills
- Help paying water/wastewater bills
- Help with utility disconnections or getting fuel delivered
- Information on efficient and safe use of energy
- Helping you work with your energy suppliers and human service providers
- Repairing or replacing a broken furnace or heating system, if you own your home
- Native American Community
Households who are at or below 60 percent of the state median income are eligible.
For example, a family of four earning $65,228 annually, or less may be eligible. Eligibility is based on three most recent months of income.
Funds are available for renters and homeowners.
Contact this provider for an application.
Minnesota residents may also obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710 or by downloading them and mailing them to their local Energy Assistance Program provider.
There is no fee.
5344 Lake Shore Dr, Nett Lake, MN, 55772
Bois Forte Reservation
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-757-3261
- Main - Housing Program: 218-757-3253
- Main - Transportation Dispatch: 218-757-0280
- Toll Free: 800-221-8129
- Toll Free - Housing Program: 888-833-7337
- Toll Free - Transportation Dispatch: 888-757-1540
Other Services at this Location
- Early Head Start - American Indian Families Home visiting or center-based services and programs for low-income families with infants and toddlers that support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
- Emergency Shelter Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing
- Food Distribution Boxes or bags of food that are provided for free or at a very low cost, often on designated days or times
- Head Start - American Indian Families Services and programs that prepare low-income families with preschool children (ages 3 - 5) for their transition to public school kindergarten and to support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
- Local Bus Service - Big Woods Transit Bus transportation within a city, county or region
- Tribal Government Administrative center for the governing body of a tribe or association of tribes