Subsidized Housing for Families
Privately owned building that provides low-income housing to families who are eligible
Privately owned building whose management contracts with either the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) or the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency to receive rental subsidies
This type of property is sometimes referred to as "Project Based Section 8 Housing." Property owner/manager must follow HUD regulations. The government gives funds directly to the apartment owners, who lower the rents they charge tenants with low-income. This type of affordable housing is specifically for families. The rental amount paid by the resident is determined based on the resident's income. Some units have a low, fixed rent amount.
HUD requires rental housing to provide Equal Housing Opportunity.
- People with low income
The resident must meet income guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Check with the property management for specific income limits.
This type of housing is specifically for families. Individual properties may have additional eligibility requirements.
7562 146th Ave NW, Ramsey, MN, 55303
- Primary Contact for this program: 612-746-4860
- Main: 612-465-0845
- The Crest Apartments 6221 Shingle Creek Pkwy, Brooklyn Center, MN, 55430
- Chicago Avenue Apartments 1500 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis, MN, 55404
- The Maryland 1346 Lasalle Ave, Minneapolis, MN, 55403
- Balsam Hill Apartments and Townhomes 2020 Commerce Blvd, Mound, MN, 55364
Other Services at this Location
- Privately Owned Affordable Housing Affordable rental units in multifamily properties for low-income individuals. Call for availability and eligibility requirements.