White Earth Nation
Weatherization Assistance Program
Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs
Provides services to income-qualified homeowners and renters to reduce energy bills by making homes more energy efficient while protecting the health and safety of household members
Local Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) providers will do an energy audit to determine if weatherization is needed and will create a plan for the most cost-effective energy efficient improvements for your home.
Services may include:
- Addition of attic or wall insulation
- Reduction of air leakage
- Replacement or repair of furnaces, boilers, and water heaters
- Education on how you can reduce energy usage in your home
- Native American Community
- People with low income
Households at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines, based on past three months of income, are eligible. Households receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) within the last 12 months are also eligible.
Priority is given to households with:
- Elderly or disabled family members
- Children under 19 years of age
- High energy consumption
Please note that the wait time for assistance, after eligibility has been determined, varies between local WAP providers.
Complete one of the following applications:
Applications can also be picked up from your local service provider, or Minnesota residents can obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Mail the completed application to your local provider.
There is no fee.
35500 Eagleview Rd, Ogema, MN, 56569
White Earth Nation reservation
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-473-2711
- Main: 218-983-3285
- Main - Human Services: 218-935-5554
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services at this Location
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Early Learning Scholarship Scholarships for families to help pay for early childhood programs
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
- Family Home Visiting Expectant parents and parents or caregivers of young children can get in-home support with pregnancy topics, parenting skills and connections to community resources.
- Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP) A voluntary, early intervention service that focuses on helping expecting and parenting at-risk families thrive.
- Transitional Housing Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families