Western Mental Health Center, Inc.
Children's Mental Health Crisis Response Services (CRS)
Professional help 24/7 for children or youth experiencing a mental health crisis to help the child be safe, stay in their home, and get connected to support
Crisis Response provides mental health crisis outreach to children and youth to help stabilize and end the crisis. Crisis support is provided by licensed mental health professionals. Crisis Response is available 24 hours a day, 7 days every week.
Crisis Response may include:
- Figuring out what is wrong, how to stabilize the situation and how to get help, in person or by phone
- A crisis support professional going to the home, school, work or wherever the child needs help
- Evaluation of risk of harm to the child or to others
- Making a plan to manage the current crisis and reduce future crises
- Short-term care to help find long-term support
- Help for hospitals, schools, or police who are working with children and youth in crisis
Serving children (birth - age 21) and their families who are experiencing a behavioral, emotional or psychiatric crisis.
Goal: To maintain children in their home and community and to improve their functioning in the home, school and community settings
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Private health insurance
- 24 hours a day
- Children and/or youth with disabilities
Children and youth up to age 21.
Young people can call for help. Parents or teachers can also call for help for a young person.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Serves Lincoln, Lyon, Murray, Redwood and Yellow Medicine counties.
The state list of crisis phone numbers in each county is available online.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact the Mobile Crisis Line 24/7 at: (800) 658-2429
Crisis Response is covered by most health insurance plans, including state health care programs like Medical Assistance (MA) and MinnesotaCare.
You can also get free help if you don't have insurance.
1212 E College Dr, Marshall, MN, 56258
- Primary Contact for this program: 800-658-2429
- Main - Clinic: 507-532-3236
- TDD: 507-532-3236
- Ivanhoe Office 336 E George St, Ivanhoe, MN, 56142
- Granite Falls Office 818 Prentice St, Granite Falls, MN, 56241
- Slayton Office 2001 Maple Ave, Slayton, MN, 56172
- Western Mental Health Center Chemical Dependency Program 101 Caring Way, Redwood Falls, MN, 56283
Other Services at this Location
- Adult Mental Health Crisis Response Services Immediate help for people having urgent problems with depression, panic, anxiety, delusions, or other mood or behavior disorders
- Children's Therapeutic Services and Supports (CTSS) Flexible range of mental health and rehabilitation services for children and youth with emotional disturbance or co-occurring substance use disorders
- Early Childhood Mental Health Services Mental health services for young children and their families
- Housing Stabilization Services (HSS) Medical Assistance benefit to help people with disabilities and seniors find and keep housing