United Community Action Partnership
Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
The Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) helps low-income families with or without children, unaccompanied youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless.
Resources and money help with:
- Preventing homelessness
- Getting back into housing right away
- Staying in housing
Assistance usually takes the form of short-term help with rent. It may also help with utility costs. Payments may help to prevent foreclosure or eviction.
Case managers can aid in the search for affordable housing, connect people to employment resources, and work with the individual or family on creating a plan for long-term housing stability.
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
Recipients are households at or below 200% Federal Poverty Guidelines and the household must be experiencing a housing crisis and a need for assistance.
Housing assistance and services may vary by region or agency. There are FHPAP programs in all Minnesota counties and six of the northern tribal nations including Red Lake, White Earth, Fond Du Lac, Bois Forte, Mille Lacs and Leech Lake.
Additional eligibility criteria may apply.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Serves families, youth and singles
Primarily serves Cottonwood, Jackson, Lincoln, Lyon, Redwood, Kandiyohi, Renville, Meeker and McLeod counties. Eligibility differs for each program and all assistance is subject to availability of funding.
200 4th St SW, Willmar, MN, 56201
Kandiyohi, McCleod, Meeker and Renville counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 320-235-0850
- Olivia Office 1635 W Lincoln Ave, Olivia, MN, 56277
- Litchfield Office and Threads of Hope 120 N Sibley Ave, Litchfield, MN, 55355
- Hutchinson Office 904 Hwy 15 S, Hutchinson, MN, 55350
- Redwood Falls Office 164 E 2nd St, Redwood Falls, MN, 56283
- Marshall Corporate Office 1400 S Saratoga St, Marshall, MN, 56258
- Windom Office 1012 5th Ave, Windom, MN, 56101
- Jackson Office 115 South Hwy, Jackson, MN, 56143
- Worthington Office 1039 Oxford St, Worthington, MN, 56187
Other Services at this Location
- Emergency Shelter Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
- Financial Management Education Classes, workshops and information about money management
- Free or Low-Cost Cars - Helping People Get There Eligible people can receive free or low cost cars
- Help Paying for Basic Needs Short term help for basic needs like food, shelter and transportation
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs