The Arc Southeastern Minnesota

Housing Access Coordination

Helps people with disabilities to plan, find, and move into a home of their own


Housing Access Services help adults with disabilities find and move to homes of their own (that are not owned or run by a disability services provider).

Housing Access Coordination (HAC) staff can help with:

  • Completing rental applications, lease agreements and publicly financed housing applications
  • Developing household budgets
  • Locating housing
  • Meeting and negotiating with landlords or property staff
  • Packing and moving belongings

Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual.

Additional Information

They can help you move to a place of your own by:

  • Accompanying you when you look for housing
  • Helping you complete rental applications
  • Meeting with you and prospective landlords
  • Providing other support


  • Payment
    • Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
    • Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
    • Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
    • Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)


To qualify, you must be:

  • Moving from one of the following:
    • Family and group family foster care
    • Hospital
    • Registered Housing with Services
    • Nursing facility
    • An unlicensed home (such as a home that you rent yourself)
    • Intermediate care facilities for persons with developmental disabilities
    • Intensive rehabilitation treatment and Rule 36 settings licensed
    • Institution for Mental Diseases (IMD)
  • Moving to an unlicensed home in the community that you rent or own yourself


6301 Bandel Rd NW, Ste 605, Rochester, MN, 55901

Area Served

Dodge, Fillmore, Goodhue, Houston, Olmsted, Rice, Wabasha and Winona counties

Phone Numbers

  • Primary Contact for this program: 507-287-2032
  • Toll Free: 888-732-8520



Other Services at this Location

Last Update