The Arc Minnesota

Housing Access Coordination

Helps people with disabilities to plan, find, and move into a home of their own


Housing Access Services help adults with disabilities find and move to homes of their own (that are not owned or run by a disability services provider).

Housing Access Coordination (HAC) staff can help with:

  • Completing rental applications, lease agreements and publicly financed housing applications
  • Developing household budgets
  • Locating housing
  • Meeting and negotiating with landlords or property staff
  • Packing and moving belongings

Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual.

Additional Information

This program helps adult Minnesotans who are 18 years and who want to move to independent homes of their own, and have been assessed as eligible or currently receiving certain Minnesota Medicaid home care services.


  • Payment
    • Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
    • Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
    • Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
    • Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
  • Specialization
    • Adults with disabilities
    • Brain Injury (BI)
    • Developmental disabilities
    • Disabilities
    • Mental health
    • Physical disabilities


To qualify, you must be:

  • Moving from one of the following:
    • Family and group family foster care
    • Hospital
    • Registered Housing with Services
    • Nursing facility
    • An unlicensed home (such as a home that you rent yourself)
    • Intermediate care facilities for persons with developmental disabilities
    • Intensive rehabilitation treatment and Rule 36 settings licensed
    • Institution for Mental Diseases (IMD)
  • Moving to an unlicensed home in the community that you rent or own yourself

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Adult Minnesotans of all ages who have been assessed and determined eligible for Minnesota Medicaid home care or waiver services and who want to move to homes of their own.

Application Instructions

Please call the intake line to be added to the program or ask a question at: (651) 604-8045


Covered by Medical Assistance (MA) or waiver programs


641 Fairview Ave N, Ste 195, St. Paul, MN, 55104

Area Served

Ramsey County

Phone Numbers

  • Primary Contact for this program: 952-920-0855


Other Services at this Location

Last Update