The Arc Greater Twin Cities
Money to cover the one-time costs of moving out of an eligible setting (such as a hospital, adult foster care home or nursing home) into your own place
Transitional Services are provided through a waiver to fund goods, deposits and moving expenses necessary and reasonable for a person to move from an eligible setting to a home they own or rent.
Transitional Services are typically short-term.
About This Location
Covered services examples:
- Lease and rental deposits
- Essential furniture
- Utility set up fees and deposits
- Basic household items
- Personal items
- One-time pest and allergen treatment of the setting
- Window coverings
Learn more about this service when paid for under the disability waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual and under the Elderly Waiver in the Community-Based Services Manual.
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
Waiver Service Specialties
- Transitional Services Supports
Transitional Services is the name of a benefit only available through waiver programs.
There are similar programs available to people who are not on waivers.
To see if you qualify for help to move out of an institutional setting, call your county, tribe or health plan to request a MnCHOICES Assessment and Support Planning Eligibility Tool.
641 Fairview Ave N, Ste 195, St. Paul, MN, 55104
Twin Cities metro area
- Primary Contact for this program: 952-920-0855
8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services at this Location
- Information and Support Helps people find resources and connect to services
- Life Care Planning for People with Disabilities - FutureLife Options Help to develop a life plan that secures a future for people with disabilities and their families
- School to Adult Life Transition Helps prepare students with disabilities to successfully move into their adult phase of life