Southwest Crisis Center
Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
Short-term help for low-income families, youth, and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless.
The Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) helps low-income families with or without children, unaccompanied youth, and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless.
Resources and money help with:
- Preventing homelessness
- Getting back into housing right away
- Staying in housing
Assistance usually takes the form of short-term help with rent. It may also help with utility costs. Payments may help to prevent foreclosure or eviction.
Housing assistance and services may vary by region or agency. There are FHPAP programs in all Minnesota counties and six of the northern tribal nations including Red Lake, White Earth, Fond Du Lac, Bois Forte, Mille Lacs and Leech Lake.
Recipients are households at or below 200% Federal Poverty Guidelines and the household must be experiencing a housing crisis and a need for assistance.
Additional eligibility criteria may apply.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: People fleeing domestic violence
320 S Lake St, Worthington, MN, 56187
Cottonwood, Jackson, Nobles, Pipestone and Rock counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 507-376-4311
- Toll Free - Crisis Line: 800-376-4311
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Jackson County Office 401 West St, Jackson, MN, 56143
- Cottonwood County Office 1043 4th Ave, Windom, MN, 56101
- Rock County Office 114 W Main St, Luverne, MN, 56156
- Pipestone County Office 119 2nd Ave SW, Pipestone, MN, 56164
Other Services at this Location
- Crisis Line - Domestic Violence Immediate support and advice for people in distress
- Regional Navigator for Sexually Exploited Youth This agency connects trafficked or sexually-exploited youth with supportive services. The youth are viewed as victims and survivors, not criminals.