Sherburne County Health & Human Services
County Programs for Food Support
Apply for county programs that help pay for food
County programs that help pay for food include:
- Minnesota Food Assistance Program (MFAP)- Helps pay for food for lawful noncitizens ages 50 and older who do not qualify for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) - Helps families in poverty with children through a cash grant, food assistance and employment services
- SNAP - Food Support - Helps people with low income buy food
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) - Nutrition program for eligible low income pregnant women, new mothers, babies and young children to eat well, learn about nutrition, and stay healthy
- People with low income
Check specific program guidelines for requirements.
13880 Business Center Dr NW, Elk River, MN, 55330
- Primary Contact for this program: 763-765-4000
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services at this Location
- Apply for Waiver Programs Accepts applications for Medical Assistance/Medicaid waiver programs
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing The local county office that oversees licenses for child foster care. Foster care is a temporary safe family home for children who have been placed by a court order or a voluntary placement agreement.
- Child Support Services (CSS) The Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Support Division and county child support agencies work with both parents to establish and enforce child support court orders.
- County Programs for Families Apply for county programs that provide financial assistance and supportive resources to families
- County Programs for Income Assistance Apply for county programs that help pay for basic needs
- County Programs for People with Disabilities Apply for county programs that serve people with disabilities
- Crisis Nursery Short-term child care for families going through a crisis or stressful situation
- Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP) A voluntary, early intervention service that focuses on helping expecting and parenting at-risk families thrive.