Community Resource Hub navigators are available in some areas to help families connect to local resources
Help Me Connect celebrates young children and early learners – view the Early Learning and Child Care resources.
Northwest Community Action, Inc.
Energy Assistance Program
Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
Energy Assistance Program (EAP) services may include:
- Help paying energy bills
- Help paying water/wastewater bills
- Help with utility disconnections or getting fuel delivered
- Information on efficient and safe use of energy
- Helping you work with your energy suppliers and human service providers
- Repairing or replacing a broken furnace or heating system, if you own your home
- Community Action Partnership
Eligibility is based on three most recent months of income. See the application form for income limits based on household size. Funds are available for renters and homeowners.
Complete one of the following applications:
Applications can also be picked up from your local service provider, or Minnesota residents can obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Mail the completed application to your local provider.
There is no fee.
312 N Main St, Badger, MN, 56714
Lake of the Woods, Kittson, Marshall and Roseau counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-528-3258
- Toll Free: 800-568-5329
Other Services at this Location
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Early Head Start Home visiting or center-based services and programs for low-income families with infants and toddlers that support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
- Family and Community Resource Navigator Early childhood specialists help families and those with young children find and connect with local early childhood and family well-being services.
- Transitional Housing Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families
- Utility Conservation Improvement Program Energy conservation services for people meeting income guidelines.
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs