Minnesota Valley Action Council (MVAC)
Home Repair Financial Assistance
Loans to eligible homeowners to increase the accessibility of their house or make needed fixes
Loan program to homeowners for routine home maintenance, emergency repairs, or accessibility improvements.
Participants must meet income and other eligibility requirements.
The Rehabilitation Loan/Emergency and Accessibility Loan Programs assist low income homeowners in financing basic home improvements that directly affect the safety, habitability, energy efficiency or accessibility of their homes.
The Emergency and Accessibility Loan Program is available for home improvements addressing emergency conditions of the home or accessibility needs for a disabled household resident, subject to prior approval by Minnesota Housing.
- Fix-up Loan helps with basic and necessary home improvements such as repair a roof or siding, replace the furnace, update windows
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
Serving Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Scott, Sibley, Waseca, and Watonwan counties
Serves the City of Belle Plaine
706 N Victory Dr, Mankato, MN, 56001
Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca and Watonwan counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 507-345-2416
- Main: 507-345-6822
- Toll Free: 800-767-7139
- Nicollet County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 600 S 5th St, St. Peter, MN, 56082
- Le Sueur County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 125 E Minnesota St, Le Center, MN, 56057
- Waseca County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 108 10th Ave SE, Waseca, MN, 56093
- Brown County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 1618 S Broadway St, New Ulm, MN, 56073
- Sibley County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 110 6th St, Gaylord, MN, 55334
- Watonwan County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 705 2nd Ave S, St. James, MN, 56081
- Faribault County - Minnesota Valley Action Council 301 N Main St, Blue Earth, MN, 56013
- Martin County - Minnesota Valley Action Council (MVAC) 820 Winnebago Ave, Fairmont, MN, 56031
Other Services at this Location
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
- Free or Low-Cost Cars - Wheel Get There Eligible people can receive free or low cost cars
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs