Minnesota Valley Action Council (MVAC)
Free or Low-Cost Cars - Wheel Get There
Eligible people can receive free or low cost cars
Free or low cost vehicles are provided to people who qualify on the basis of income, age or disability
The Wheel Get There program accepts donated vehicles from the public and sells them to low income people at a discount.
The cost of the car varies with age, mileage, and potential to be a long-term solution. Every car destined for a low-income person is test-driven and an under-hood check performed, but most cars will need some work to be usable for daily transportation.
A limited number of vehicles are leased to people who are in need through the Wheel Get There Program.
Almost any car donation is accepted.
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
Residents of Blue Earth, Brown, LeSueur, Faribault, Martin, Sibley, Nicollet, Waseca, and Watonwan counties who are age 18 or older and low income
Call (507) 345-0446 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about available cars
Most cars sell between $400 - $700. Owner is responsible for tax, license and transfer fees.
706 N Victory Dr, Mankato, MN, 56001
Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca and Watonwan counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 507-345-0446
- Main: 507-345-6822
- Toll Free: 800-767-7139
Other Services at this Location
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
- Home Repair Financial Assistance Loans to eligible homeowners to increase the accessibility of their house or make needed fixes
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs