Minnesota Department of Education
Assistive Technology Support
Programs designed to help students with disabilities have access to appropriate assistive technology
Helps students with disabilities have access to appropriate assistive technology
There is also support for educators that includes professional development, information and technical assistance.
Educators must consider assistive technology for all children with an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and provide assistive technology for students who require it. Assistive technology can be as simple as a pencil grip or as complex as a voice-activated computer.
- Children and/or youth with disabilities
1500 Highway 36 W, Roseville, MN, 55113
- Primary Contact for this program: 651-582-8562
- Main: 651-582-8200
Other Services at this Location
- Find a Public Library Search by your address and city to find a public library in your area
- Information and Support - Students with Disabilities Helps people find resources and connect to services
- Mediation - Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) for Special Education A neutral third person works with opposing sides of a dispute to help reach an agreement or settlement
- Minnesota Office of Indian Education Provides information, resources, support, and oversight to improve the education of American Indian students
- Minnesota Resource Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Resources and information to help families and educators meet educational needs of children and youth with hearing loss.
- Online School Choice Information A website with information to help families learn about school options for their children.
- Resource Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired (BVI) Statewide technical assistance resource addressing special education and services for students who are blind or visually impaired
- School, District, and Educational Organization Directories Online directories of schools, districts and educational organizations