Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Transportation - Community Health Representatives
Program that provides rides for people in the community
Transportation program that provides rides for people in and around their community
Community Health Representative (CHR) provides transportation for individuals to medical, dental and optical appointments only after all other resources are exhausted.
- Appointments should be confirmed with the schedule to assure that clients arrive on time to their appointments.
- No one under the age of 18 will be transported without a parent.
- All persons being transported are required to wear a seatbelt at all times.
There is a strict two-day prior notice for scheduled appointments. Same-day transports or transports not scheduled two days prior to appointment are by availability only. Contact the Lead CHR for more information on services and eligibility requirements.
CHR also delivers medical prescriptions to homebound Elders who have no other means of obtaining their medication. Deliveries are scheduled for two days per week and require prior authorization from the CHR and pharmacy. They will not deliver any medications that require a co-pay that has not been paid in advance.
- Private pay
- Sliding fee scale
- Native American Community
- Assist passengers to and from vehicle
- Vehicle lift access
- Vehicle ramp access
Transportation Area Served by County
- Mille Lacs County
Contact the Lead Community Health Representative (CHR) for more information on services and eligibility requirements:
- District I: (320) 532-7815
- District II: (218) 768-2389
- District III: (320) 385-7056
43408 Oodena Dr, Onamia, MN, 56359
Mille Lacs Reservation
- Primary Contact for this program: 320-532-7815
- Main: 320-532-4181
- Toll Free: 800-709-6445
- District II Community Center and Clinic - East Lake 36666 State Highway 65, McGregor, MN, 55760
Other Services at this Location
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Crisis Line Immediate support and advice for people in distress
- Parenting Support Education and support for parents, or soon to be parents
- Tribal Health and Human Services Health and human services administered by tribal governments.
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs