Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid
Legal help for low-income individuals
Legal aid program that offers legal counseling and/or representation for low-income individuals, typically in the areas of disability law, elder law and family law
Free or low cost legal services help people who are unable to afford a lawyer get access to the court system.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid provides free civil legal services to people with low incomes in central Minnesota. Staff assist clients with a variety of legal issues. Services range from educating clients about their rights, to advocating on their behalf and representing clients in court.
Free civil legal aid for:
- Debt collection and unfair loans
- Disability-related cases
- Divorce and child custody
- Domestic violence
- Elder abuse
- Housing discrimination and evictions
- Immigration and citizenship
- IRS tax issues
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- Private pay
- Older adults
- People with low income
Low-income or elderly Minnesota residents. Services are generally limited to people whose household incomes are at or below 125% of the federal poverty guidelines. An individual's available assets must also fall within the asset ceiling.
Criminal and personal injury (or any case where there would be damages awarded) cases are not eligible.
111 N5th St, Ste 100, Minneapolis, MN, 55403
- Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid - St. Cloud Office 110 6th Ave S, St. Cloud, MN, 56301-5210
- Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid - Willmar Office 415 7th St SW, Willmar, MN, 56201-3203
8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Primary Contact for this program: 612-332-1441
- TDD: 612-332-4668
For Social Security Disability help, Anoka, Chisago, Hennepin and Wright Counties