Lutheran Social Service - Youth & Family Services
Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
The Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) helps low-income families with or without children, unaccompanied youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless.
Resources and money help with:
- Preventing homelessness
- Getting back into housing right away
- Staying in housing
Assistance usually takes the form of short-term help with rent. It may also help with utility costs. Payments may help to prevent foreclosure or eviction.
Rochester Living Independently with Knowledge (LINK) Program - LINK is a program that offers a safe and supportive environment for teens and young adults.
- Food, Clothing
- Case management services
- Life-skills groups
- Peer support groups
- Transitional housing program for those who are eligible
- Retreats and recreational outings
- Assistance with community resources
- People with low income
Recipients are households at or below 200% Federal Poverty Guidelines and the household must be experiencing a housing crisis and a need for assistance.
Housing assistance and services may vary by region or agency. There are FHPAP programs in all Minnesota counties and six of the northern tribal nations including Red Lake, White Earth, Fond Du Lac, Bois Forte, Mille Lacs and Leech Lake.
Additional eligibility criteria may apply.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: At-risk and homeless families, singles and youth
716 E St NE, Brainerd, MN, 56401
Crow Wing County
- Primary Contact for this program: 612-431-2131
- Main: 218-828-4383
- Toll Free: 888-828-4383
- Toll Free - Sexually Exploited Youth Hotline: 866-824-3770
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
- Lutheran Social Service - Youth & Family Services
- LSS Behavioral Health Services 2835 W Saint Germain St, St. Cloud, MN, 56301
- Lutheran Social Service - St. Paul 2485 Como Ave, St. Paul, MN, 55108
- Mankato Area Crisis Nursery 710 S 2nd St, Mankato, MN, 56001
Other Services at this Location
- Regional Navigator for Sexually Exploited Youth This agency connects trafficked or sexually-exploited youth with supportive services. The youth are viewed as victims and survivors, not criminals.