Lutheran Social Service - Youth & Family Services
Short-term child care for families going through a crisis or stressful situation
Immediate child care is available to kids that need temporary supervision. A crisis nursery is generally available on a 24/7 basis. Crisis intervention services can include child abuse prevention and family support programs.
Services are available to families experiencing:
- Medical or mental health concerns
- Housing problems
- Financial strain or lapse in Child Care Assistance benefit
- Divorce or separation
- Family violence
- Emergency situations
Parents dealing with personal stress or crises such as an illness, housing problems, divorce or separation, financial strains or other issues can benefit by contacting them.
Crisis Nursery provides short-term, emergency childcare for children age 12 and younger.
Children are placed with licensed providers - home child care, foster care and child care centers.
Crisis support for families, information, referrals and follow-up services are also offered.
About This Location
Mankato Crisis Nursery serves families in Blue Earth, Le Sueur, Nicollet and Waseca counties
- Children and/or youth with disabilities
Serves children ages 0 - 12
Legal guardian must request services Call for more information. Phone is answered 24/7
710 S 2nd St, Mankato, MN, 56001
Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca and Watonwan counties
Crisis Nursery serves Blue Earth, Le Sueur, Nicollet and Waseca counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 507-995-9259
- General Information: 507-625-7660
8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
- St. Cloud Area Crisis Nursery 1205 6th Ave S, St. Cloud, MN, 56301
- Wright County Area Crisis Nursery 1205 6th Ave S, St. Cloud, MN, 56301
- Duluth Area Crisis Nursery 1422 E Superior St, Duluth, MN, 55805
Other Services at this Location
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
- Regional Navigator for Sexually Exploited Youth This agency connects trafficked or sexually-exploited youth with supportive services. The youth are viewed as victims and survivors, not criminals.