Lutheran Social Service - Youth & Family Services
Short-term child care for families going through a crisis or stressful situation
Immediate child care is available to kids that need temporary supervision. A crisis nursery is generally available on a 24/7 basis. Crisis intervention services can include child abuse prevention and family support programs.
Services are available to families experiencing:
- Medical or mental health concerns
- Housing problems
- Financial strain or lapse in Child Care Assistance benefit
- Divorce or separation
- Family violence
- Emergency situations
Parents dealing with emergencies such as illness, housing problems, parental exhaustion, divorce or separation, or financial strains may need time alone to resolve the crisis.
Crisis Nursery provides short-term, emergency childcare for children age 12 and younger. Care requests vary from a few hours to 72 hours.
Children are placed with licensed providers - home child care, foster care and child care centers.
Crisis support for families, information, referrals and follow-up services are also offered.
- Children and/or youth with disabilities
Serves children ages 0 - 12
Legal guardian must request services. Call for more information. Phone is answered 24/7.
1205 6th Ave S, Ste 2, St. Cloud, MN, 56301
Stearns and Benton Counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 320-654-1090
8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
- Wright County Area Crisis Nursery 1205 6th Ave S, St. Cloud, MN, 56301
- Lutheran Social Service - Mankato 710 S 2nd St, Mankato, MN, 56001
- Duluth Area Crisis Nursery 1422 E Superior St, Duluth, MN, 55805