Lakes and Pines Community Action Council, Inc.
Energy Assistance Program
Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
Energy Assistance Program (EAP) services may include:
- Help paying energy bills
- Help paying water/wastewater bills
- Help with utility disconnections or getting fuel delivered
- Information on efficient and safe use of energy
- Helping you work with your energy suppliers and human service providers
- Repairing or replacing a broken furnace or heating system, if you own your home
- Community Action Partnership
Households who are at or below 60 percent of the state median income are eligible.
For example, a family of four earning $65,228 annually, or less may be eligible. Eligibility is based on three most recent months of income.
Funds are available for renters and homeowners.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Serving Aitkin, Carlton, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, Pine Counties and the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Contact this provider for an application.
Minnesota residents may also obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710 or by downloading them and mailing them to their local Energy Assistance Program provider.
There is no fee.
316 Elm Ave, Southern Carlton County Family Center, Moose Lake, MN, 55767
Primarily Northern Pine, Aitkin and Carlton Counties - other counties served are Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec & Mille Lacs
- Primary Contact for this program: 800-832-6082
- Main: 320-679-1800
- Toll Free: 320-679-1800
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Lakes and Pines Central Office 1700 Maple Ave E, Mora, MN, 55051
Other Services at this Location
- Emergency Housing Case Management Case management to establish a plan that will prevent a housing crisis from happening in the future.
- Home Repair Financial Assistance Loans to eligible homeowners to increase the accessibility of their house or make needed fixes
- Personal Financial Counseling Help for people to gain control of their finances
- Transitional Housing Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs