Community Resource Hub navigators are available in some areas to help families connect to local resources
If you need help paying your energy or water bills – visit the Energy Assistance Program
Lakes and Pines Community Action Council, Inc.
Community Action Agency
Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
Community Action Agencies are a network of agencies and tribal nations that direct local, state, federal and private resources into programs and services that help people and families in need.
These agencies can offer programs to help with:
- Adult education and early child-development
- Energy and weatherization assistance
- Money management
- Job assistance
- Health and well-being
- Housing support
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
1700 Maple Ave E, Mora, MN, 55051
Aitkin, Carlton, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs and Pine counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 320-679-1800
- Toll Free: 800-832-6082
6:00am - 6:30pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services at this Location
- Emergency Housing Case Management Case management to establish a plan that will prevent a housing crisis from happening in the future.
- Emergency Shelter Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
- Head Start Services and programs that prepare low-income families with preschool children (ages 3 - 5) for their transition to public school kindergarten and to support child development, parenting skills and self-sufficiency
- Home Repair Financial Assistance Loans to eligible homeowners to increase the accessibility of their house or make needed fixes
- Housing Stabilization Services (HSS) Medical Assistance benefit to help people with disabilities and seniors find and keep housing
- Personal Financial Counseling Help for people to gain control of their finances
- Transitional Housing Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs