KOOTASCA Community Action, Inc. (CAP)
Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families
Provides housing and supportive services to individuals and families who are homeless or in need of safe housing.
Transitional housing helps people live independently, address issues that led to homelessness or kept them homeless, rebuild their support network and transition into permanent housing.
The length of time a person can use the program is limited.
The Transitional Housing programs provides supportive housing for homeless single adults or families in Grand Rapids and homeless families in International Falls. Participants must sign a lease agreement, agree to case management, create a personal plan that include setting goals, financial counseling, improving their income and/or education and seeking permanent housing.
This program is time-limited based on compliance and reaching benchmark goals. Households pay rent based on 30% of their income. Priority for this program is given to Itasca and Koochiching County residents and participants must be referred from the Coordinated Entry Priority Wait List.
Each of the family transitional units is one-half of a duplex. There are two three-bedroom, one bathroom units and two two-bedroom units, all with laundry facilities. Eligibility includes residence in Itasca or Koochiching County.
PEER (Men's) House: The Itasca Shelter project provides supportive housing for homeless men. Eligible applicants must be clean and sober for 30 days prior to entering program, and able to maintain a treatment plan. The Men's House is shared housing with on-site supervision, and has space for five residents.
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
Homeless single adults and families
201 NW 4th St, Ste 130, Grand Rapids, MN, 55744
Itasca and Koochiching Counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 800-442-8565
- Main: 218-999-0800
- Toll Free: 877-687-1163
- TTY - MN Relay: 800-627-3529
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Koochiching County - International Falls Office 2232 2nd Ave E, International Falls, MN, 56649
Other Services at this Location
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Emergency Shelter Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) Short-term help for low-income families, youth, and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless.
- Home Repair Financial Assistance Loans to eligible homeowners to increase the accessibility of their house or make needed fixes
- Housing Stabilization Services (HSS) Medical Assistance benefit to help people with disabilities and seniors find and keep housing
- Information and Support - Circles of Support Helps people find resources and connect to services
- Teen Parent Assistance Helps prepare young parents with classes or other educational programs and support
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs