KOOTASCA Community Action, Inc. (CAP)
Teen Parent Assistance
Helps prepare young parents with classes or other educational programs and support
Parenting education program that works with parenting and pregnant youth to help them succeed.
Education for teen parents can include classes, workshops or alternative learning settings.
Helps pregnant and parenting teens earn credits toward high school graduation. The class culture is strongly supportive of teen parents, with a moms' class meeting on Tuesdays and a dads' class meeting on Thursdays.
- Community Action Partnership
For teens who are pregnant or parenting.
For more information, to make a referral, or to request an application, please email email@example.com or call/text (218) 398-1399.
201 NW 4th St, Ste 130, Grand Rapids, MN, 55744
Itasca and Koochiching counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-398-1399
- Main: 218-999-0800
- Toll Free: 877-687-1163
- TTY - MN Relay: 800-627-3529
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Koochiching County - International Falls Office 2232 2nd Ave E, International Falls, MN, 56649
Other Services at this Location
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Emergency Shelter Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
- Home Repair Financial Assistance Loans to eligible homeowners to increase the accessibility of their house or make needed fixes
- Housing Stabilization Services (HSS) Medical Assistance benefit to help people with disabilities and seniors find and keep housing
- Information and Support - Circles of Support Helps people find resources and connect to services
- Transitional Housing Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs