KOOTASCA Community Action, Inc. (CAP)
Home Repair Financial Assistance
Loans to eligible homeowners to increase the accessibility of their house or make needed fixes
Loan program to homeowners for routine home maintenance, emergency repairs, or accessibility improvements.
Participants must meet income and other eligibility requirements.
The Rehabilitation Loan/Emergency and Accessibility Loan Programs assist low income homeowners in financing basic home improvements that directly affect the safety, habitability, energy efficiency or accessibility of their homes.
The Emergency and Accessibility Loan Program is available for home improvements addressing emergency conditions of the home or accessibility needs for a disabled household resident, subject to prior approval by Minnesota Housing.
- Home rehabilitation assistance to low-income; generally used for carpenter work, mechanical work or utilities
- Community Action Partnership
Complete eligibility information for the Minnesota Housing Rehabilitation Loan/Emergency and Accessibility Loan Program is available online.
Apply for assistance online or call to determine if you are eligible and get help in the application process
201 NW 4th St, Ste 130, Grand Rapids, MN, 55744
Itasca and Koochiching counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-999-0806
- Main: 218-999-0800
- Toll Free: 877-687-1163
- TTY - MN Relay: 800-627-3529
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Koochiching County - International Falls Office 2232 2nd Ave E, International Falls, MN, 56649
Other Services at this Location
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Emergency Shelter Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
- Housing Stabilization Services (HSS) Medical Assistance benefit to help people with disabilities and seniors find and keep housing
- Information and Support - Circles of Support Helps people find resources and connect to services
- Teen Parent Assistance Helps prepare young parents with classes or other educational programs and support
- Transitional Housing Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs