KOOTASCA Community Action, Inc. (CAP)
Energy Assistance Program
Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
Energy Assistance Program (EAP) services may include:
- Help paying energy bills
- Help paying water/wastewater bills
- Help with utility disconnections or getting fuel delivered
- Information on efficient and safe use of energy
- Helping you work with your energy suppliers and human service providers
- Repairing or replacing a broken furnace or heating system, if you own your home
- Community Action Partnership
Eligibility is based on three most recent months of income. See the application form for income limits based on household size. Funds are available for renters and homeowners.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Serves Itasca and Koochiching Counties.
Complete one of the following applications:
Applications can also be picked up from your local service provider, or Minnesota residents can obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Mail the completed application to your local provider.
- A new application must be completed, dated and signed in order to receive Energy Assistance.
- A new application must be submitted for each program year (Oct. 1 to May 31st) to:
KOOTASCA Energy Assistance Program 201 NW 4th Street, Suite 130 Grand Rapids, MN 55744
*Call (218) 999-0824 or 1-877-687-1163
- Email: email@example.com
There is no fee.
201 NW 4th St, Ste 130, Grand Rapids, MN, 55744
Itasca and Koochiching counties
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-999-0800
- Toll Free: 877-687-1163
- TTY - MN Relay: 800-627-3529
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Koochiching County - International Falls Office 2232 2nd Ave E, International Falls, MN, 56649
Other Services at this Location
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Emergency Shelter Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) Short-term help for low-income families, youth and single adults who are homeless or are about to become homeless
- Home Repair Financial Assistance Loans to eligible homeowners to increase the accessibility of their house or make needed fixes
- Housing Stabilization Services (HSS) Medical Assistance benefit to help people with disabilities and seniors find and keep housing
- Information and Support - Circles of Support Helps people find resources and connect to services
- Teen Parent Assistance Helps prepare young parents with classes or other educational programs and support
- Transitional Housing Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families
- Weatherization Assistance Program Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs