Inter County Community Council (ICCC)
Weatherization Assistance Program
Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs
Provides services to income-qualified homeowners and renters to reduce energy bills by making homes more energy efficient while protecting the health and safety of household members
Local Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) providers will do an energy audit to determine if weatherization is needed and will create a plan for the most cost-effective energy efficient improvements for your home.
Services may include:
- Addition of attic or wall insulation
- Reduction of air leakage
- Replacement or repair of furnaces, boilers, and water heaters
- Education on how you can reduce energy usage in your home
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
Households at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines, based on past three months of income, are eligible. Households receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) within the last 12 months are also eligible.
Priority is given to households with:
- Elderly or disabled family members
- Children under 19 years of age
- High energy consumption
Please note that the wait time for assistance, after eligibility has been determined, varies between local WAP providers.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Residents of Red Lake, Pennington, Clearwater or Polk counties and the Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians.
Complete one of the following applications:
Applications can also be picked up from your local service provider, or Minnesota residents can obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Mail the completed application to your local provider.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact for weatherization assistance at (888) 778-4008, ext 3.
There is no fee.
207 Main St, Oklee, MN, 56742
Most ICCC programs serve: Clearwater, Pennington, Eastern Polk and Red Lake Counties
See Eligibility for specific requirements
- Primary Contact for this program: 218-796-5144 x3
- Main: 888-778-4008
- Toll Free: 888-778-4008
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Other Services at this Location
- Career Counseling Help with finding a new career
- Community Action Agency Provides programs and services that help individuals and families with low incomes.
- Emergency Shelter Provides a temporary place to stay for people that do not have housing
- Energy Assistance Program Helps renters and homeowners pay their home heating bills and may also assist homeowners to fix or replace their broken furnace
- Family and Community Resource Navigator Early childhood specialists help families and those with young children find and connect with local early childhood and family well-being services.
- Food Shelf Food support is available to people in need
- Job Training Learn how to do the tasks for a type of job
- Services for Homeless Youth Services and support for homeless youth
- Transitional Housing Time-limited housing and support services for individuals and/or families