Human Services of Faribault & Martin Counties
WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program
A nutrition and breastfeeding program that helps young families eat well and be healthy. Learn about nutrition during pregnancy and feeding your baby and young children; meet breastfeeding goals; and buy healthy food using your WIC card.
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a nutrition and breastfeeding program to help pregnant women, new mothers, infants and young children eat well, learn about nutrition, and stay healthy.
WIC benefits include:
- Nutrition education and information
- A variety of healthy foods you purchase using your WIC card
- Breastfeeding support and education
- Health or community referrals
- Assistance with community resources
- Nutrition assessment and/or counseling
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- People with low income
Minnesota WIC is for:
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women who have had a baby within the past year
- Women who have had a baby within the past 6 months
- Women who have been pregnant within the past 6 months
- Children up to age 5
Minnesota families must:
- Live in Minnesota.
- Meet WIC income guidelines
- Families are automatically income eligible if they are enrolled in another program such as Medical Assistance, Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT), Energy Assistance Program (EAP), Head Start, Medical Assistance TEFRA or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Find income guidelines and a full list of automatic income eligibility programs on the Minnesota WIC website
All WIC clinics require appointments.
Bring to your appointment:
- All children under 5 years old, so staff can measure their height, weight, and hemoglobin
- Proof of identity for each woman and child
- Proof of all family income
- Proof of Minnesota address
Find required documents examples and more information about what to expect at your WIC appointment
This is a free service.
115 W 1st St, Fairmont, MN, 56031
- Primary Contact for this program: 507-238-4757
- Faribault County Center 412 N Nicollet St, Blue Earth, MN, 56013
Other Services at this Location
- Apply for Waiver Programs Accepts applications for Medical Assistance/Medicaid waiver programs
- Child and Teen Checkups Coordinators connect individuals to well-child care and screenings for eligible newborns, children and young adults
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing The local county office that oversees licenses for child foster care. Foster care is a temporary safe family home for children who have been placed by a court order or a voluntary placement agreement.
- Child Support Services (CSS) The Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Support Division and county child support agencies work with both parents to establish and enforce child support court orders.
- County Programs for Families Apply for county programs that provide financial assistance and supportive resources to families
- County Programs for Food Support Apply for county programs that help pay for food
- County Programs for Income Assistance Apply for county programs that help pay for basic needs
- County Programs for People with Disabilities Apply for county programs that serve people with disabilities
- Family Home Visiting Expectant parents and parents or caregivers of young children can get in-home support with pregnancy topics, parenting skills and connections to community resources.
- Follow Along Program Program that helps to make sure children are learning and growing appropriately for their age
- Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP) A voluntary, early intervention service that focuses on helping expecting and parenting at-risk families thrive.
- Public Health Clinic Public health departments offer screenings, health education and wellness services